The Kodak SP360 is an action camera manufactured by Kodak that has the ability to capture images and also record videos using a spherical lens. This lens has the gift of capturing data that can be viewed in different ways. Kodak SP360 is widely recognized for capturing straight up decent photos even though it’s not the first camera to have a spherical lens. The camera has a unique design with a variety of cases, caps and covers. It also has enhanced features pros and cons that we have listed in the Kodak SP360 review below.
Features and Specifications
- The Kodak SP360 has a conventional boxy design with an arched top which weighs 3.6 ounces. The camera approximately measures 1.6 by 2.0 by 1.5 inches making it compact and lightweight.
- This camera also has a 16 megapixel sensor which has a spherical length but has the ability to shoot a 360 degrees horizontal view. It can also shoot a small part of the vertical view which is not blocked by the camera. This sensor has the ability record a full HD video that is conventional for a 2D view.
- In view of the fact that the Kodak SP360 is designed to be an action camera, it comes with features that enable its durability and functionality i.e. it is dust proof, freeze proof, shock proof and water resistant. These enhanced features offer extra protection to the camera making it have the ability to capture unique underwater shots.
- The Kodak SP360 also has a removable glass cover which performs the function of protecting the lens.
- On one side of the camera are settings buttons that allow it to pair with selected android devices and also adjust settings. On the other side are buttons used to control the camera during video recording, the direction menu button and the power mode button. On yet another side the camera has a cover of the memory card slot, USB port and HDMI out connector, tripod screws, speakers and two microphones. Finally the bottom of this camera includes a removable cover for the battery slot.
- Has the ability to film in 360 degrees.
- KODAK SP360 comes with a full kit containing mounts and other accessories.
- The camera is easy to use and it is also fast, responsive and well built.
- The camera has amazing desktop and mobile apps. It also has YouTube support.
- This camera has a weather resistant body.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- It does not have a pivot screen.
- Its micro-SD cards are not more than 32GB.
- The camera does not have the option of adjusting ISO sensitivity or shutter speed.
- It lacks vibrant images as its images are usually low quality with washed out colors.
- One cannot share or view using standard software.
Generally, the Kodak SP360 is easy to use and has the fastest way to record 360 degrees content without requiring complicated rigs. Its biggest disadvantage is poor image quality but the camera is recognized for capturing the experience of the moment during outdoors activities and even when traveling.