The Iris360 is the first automatic spherical camera approved by Google for their official “Street View Trusted” program. Used by Google Trusted Photographers, it is available to anyone who wants to instantly publish to street view using the Google app.
The camera was created by NCTech, a company started in 2010 to design and manufacture 360 degree reality imaging systems. Headquartered in Edinburgh, Scotland, the company received funding from Archangel Investors, Ltd and also by the Scottish Co-Investment Fund.
In 2015, the company launched the Iris360 camera system to capture panoramic images and upload high-resolution photos directly to the cloud.
This camera is a professional photographer’s dream.
Features And Specifications
- Full spherical 360 degree X 137.5 degree (+/- 5 degree) image
- Simultaneous capture from four lenses
- 4 — 10Mp sensors
- Image output: 8k X4k, 5.6k X 2.8k, 4k X 2k or 2k X 1k pixels
- 32 megapixel photo sphere resolution
- Auto-white balance
- Single exposure capture (no stitching) for up to 8 seconds
- Full HDR capture in RAW format (no stitching) for up to 25 seconds
- Full HDR capture and image stitching on the system for up to 120 seconds
- Fixed focus, fixed aperture
- No movable mechanics in optics assembly
- WiFi 802.11n remote connectivity
- GPS, tilt and roll, compass
- Stitch at time of capture or stitch later in camera
- Optional stitching of images using PC/Mac applications
- NCTech Immersive Studio Software supplied free of charge
- Timer capture delay
- Audio alert
- In camera battery charging/ option for external charger
- Rechargeable and removable lithium-ion battery
- About 4 hours of battery life
- 12v main power adapter, 2.1 mm jack
- Operating temperature: 0 degrees to + 50 degrees
- LED capture, processing and status lights
- Weight: 1Kg
- Dimensions: 120mm X 120mm X 160mm
- CE/FCC certification
- Removable micro SD card
Remotely controlled by a mobile phone or tablet, this camera is speedy enough for one person to shoot and upload more locations, more quickly.
- It uses four lenses that capture perfect 360 degree HD images
- Camera can operate in colder temperatures
- Iris 360 is ideal for the Google Trusted Photographers program
- Can be integrated with other professional platforms
- Camera has a very long battery life and can charge while in use
- 32 megapixel photo resolution allows for intense image details
- Immersive Studio software supplied can rapid stitch in seconds
- Great camera to use with online marketing
- Once images are captured they can be stitched on board the camera immediately or batch stitch all images
- The camera captures multiple exposures ensuring great detail in difficult areas like shadows and window areas
- Capture up to 360mb of data in one session
- With zero setup time, no photographic experience is required
- The camera size is a bit bulky
- Because of the $1,999 price tag, this is not a camera for amateurs
- Camera does NOT shoot 360 degree video
- This camera is marketed to “pro-sumers” — business owners or photographers who want to scale their work to capture more photos, more quickly
The Iris360 is a great camera for businesses that want to enhance their online presence with panoramic virtual tours. The camera’s high resolution format and speed are perfectly tuned for businesses that want to take part in Google street view.
It will also work well for consumers who want to capture high definition 360 degree images. This camera is very user friendly because it is so easy to set up. Its one touch control on a smart phone or tablet ensures speedy images. The $1999 price tag ensures that you have to be serious about what you want. However, the stunning images you get from all the challenging locations and light conditions will give you something to brag about. What is not to love about that?
Official website www.nctechimaging.com