While it might sound a bit like an exaggeration to most novices, shooting with a camera is actually one of the most exhilarating activities in the world, especially if you are a photography enthusiast. However, to maximize the excitement you are likely to derive from shooting with a camera, you mustn’t use just a regular camera – you need a high-quality camera with a 360-degree field of view and an 8K UHD resolution. While the 360-degree field of view provides you with wider coverage, the 8K UHD resolution gives you the best possible picture quality, which explains why the most seasoned photographers are always after those two specifications.
Insta360 Pro 2 vs Kandao Obsidian R: Comparison Table
1 used from $3,079.74
as of August 11, 2020 1:52 pm
Free shipping2 new from $4,199.00
as of August 11, 2020 1:52 pm
- 360 + 360 3D Imaging, 8K Ultra high definition. Capture stills and videos in stunning 8K. Go deep...
- Stay steady with advanced real time image stabilization. Optical flow image stitching: seamless,...
- Purpose-built real-time image stitching and preview. Grab a headset and dive into the scene as...
- 60% bandwidth reduction for smooth, efficient live-streaming. Using cube map projection and H.265...
- 【8K 3D High Resolution】8K 360 3D VR photos and videos, 8K*8K/30fps, 4K*4K/60fps, stereoscopic for...
- 【High Dynamic Range】With built in High Dynamic Range (HDR) image sensor, Obsidian R produces...
- 【Optical Flow Stitching & Depth Map Output】Based on advanced optical flow & stereoscopic...
- 【Manual Setting, Completely Control】Users have remote control of the camera through a laptop, an...
- EAN: 0842126100208
- MPN: Pro
- UPC: 842126100208
- Model: TINPPRO/A
- Part Number: Pro
- EAN: 6971550160022
- MPN: Obsidian
- Model: 1000003884
- Part Number: Obsidian
However, due to the recent advancement in camera technology, you’re likely to find many models that match the above specs in the market. Consequently, buyers looking for an ideal hyper-real vision 360-degree camera to help them capture great moments are usually caught between two of the best and most popular models out there – the Insta360 Pro 2 and the Kandao Obsidian R camera. In order to help you determine which one to choose between these stunning cameras, we will be comprehensively reviewing both cameras in this article. We’ll discuss the various features of the two cameras, their differences, and what you stand to gain when you eventually opt for either of the two wonderful devices.
Insta360 Pro 2 Review
Durable, stable, and powerful, the insta360 pro was already a fantastic camera that had almost everything. Maybe that was why it caught everyone by surprise when the company announced its plans to release an upgrade to the already exciting camera. Many people wondered how an already perfect device could be improved and the company released the Insta360 Pro 2, which with its tons of incredible features and specifications, was able to wow and impress everyone that looked forward to its offerings.
What makes any camera stand out are its specifications. The specs are what will let you know if they fit what you intend to use them for. Below are the specs of the Insta360 pro 2.
|Lenses||6 x f2.4 fisheye lenses|
|Video Resolution||Post- processing stitching: 7680 x 3840 at 30 fps HDR (8K 2D) – 7680 x 7680 at 30 fps (8k 3D) – 7680 x 3840 @60 fps (8K 2D) – 6400 x 6400 @60 fps (6K 2D/3D) – 3840 x 3840 @120 fps (4K 2D/3D Binning)Real-time Stitching: 3840 x 3840 @30 fps (3D) – 3840 x 1920@30fps（2D）
|Photo Resolution||7680 x 7680 (3D) 7680 x 3840 (2D)|
|Field of View||Spherical|
|Stabilization||Flowstate stabilization – 9 axis|
|Livestream||340 x 1920 @ 30fps while recording 8K(2D) and 3840 x 3840 @ 30fps while recording 6K (3D)
|Storage||6 micro SD cards and 1 Full SD card|
Although the Insta360 Pro 2 camera is packed with loads of amazing features, some of them just stand out from the rest. To know what really excites us about these features, you will have to continue reading.
- Audio Mount: This camera is equipped with 4 microphones that produce ambisonic sounds. Furthermore, the producers include an audio mount that can work well with quality audio devices to produce better audio for the video being shot.
- Adobe VR Plugin: The Insta360 Company has developed a fantastic plugin for Adobe that lets you edit your 360 videos without having to stitch them first. This allows for editing to be easier and less messy.
- Stabilization: The insta360 Pro was a good camera but it had no stabilization. The Pro 2, on the other hand, comes with a flow state stabilization software which makes the recording of video smooth
- Live Preview: The Insta360 pro2 comes with 2 antennas that transmit preview of the video to more than 300 meters away at 30fps. This allows the camera handler to be able to see his/her previews in good resolution.
The Insta360 Pro 2 is just about 4,999 dollars and included with the camera is a farsight transmitter and receiver which allows the user to control the camera over a longer distance. Furthermore, with the 4,999 dollars, you get a 3-month license and 3-month subscription for Mistika VR and Blend media’s 360 pro software respectively.
Kandao Obsidian R Review
The Obsidian R was produced by Kandao and it is unique in every sense of it. Apart from its amazing picture quality, it also comes in a beautiful aluminum case for easy safekeeping. We will be talking about their different features and specifications below;
Below is a detailed table showing the specification of the Obsidian R.
|Lenses||6 2.0 fish eye Lenses|
|Sensors||6 12mp Sony BSI CMOS sensors|
|Resolution||7680 x 7680|
|Live Stream||4K3D, 6K3D, 8K3D|
|ISO||100 – 6400|
|Field Of View||Spherical|
|Photo Resolution||7680 x 7680|
|Video Resolution||7680 x 7680 @ 30fps|
|Audio||6 mics with the stereo input jack.|
|Shutter Speed||1/6400 – 60 seconds|
The following features are part of the reasons we enjoyed using the Obsidian R.
- Ethernet Cable: the Ethernet cable makes editing easier. This is because the cable can be used to transfer pictures or videos from the SD cards to your computer. This also allows stitching to be done easily and faster
- Stitching: Because of the deep learning algorithm, stitching with this camera is quick and almost flawless.
- Microphone: it has 6 x microphones and spatial audio support which also has Zoom H2n synchronization.
- Different Power Options: With the Obsidian R, you get spoiled for choice on the different power options. Your options include; AC power, Canon LP-E6 batteries, and PoE.
This gadget sells at $7,000 but the good news is; you do not get just the camera, you also get a host of other things like; 6 64GB micro SD cards, ethernet cable, bubble level, lens pen, USB card reader, power adapter, power cords, an aluminum case and many more.
Insta360 Pro 2 or Obsidian R?
After reviewing two amazing products, we are inclined to choose the Insta360 Pro 2 as our best pick. This is not because the Obsidian R is not a good product but because comparing the prices of the two cameras with their functions, the Insta360 Pro 2 just offers a little bit more. The stabilization software and the stitching are particularly impressive. The Obsidian R also comes with some good hardware which is missing in the Insta360. In the end, you might be caught between more hardware or more functions but whichever you choose between the two, you will still be going home with a good 360 camera.