The camera industry has come a very long way, perfecting a device that you can use for more than taking a “selfie” or normal pictures. When you want to talk about quality vs. quantity, we have two brands that stand out among others, Insta 360 and Rylo 360. Both companies have made new features that includes a friendly softwares that help you edit your pictures or videos fast and efficiently, not to mention their stabilizing mode which is a total success. Now if you are looking to buy one of these devices and don’t know which one to pick, here in this article were going to help you find the perfect one, by comparing both of them.
Insta360 One X vs Rylo 360: Comparison Table
Free shipping25 new from $399.95
10 used from $249.00
as of October 22, 2019 4:22 am
Free shipping32 new from $269.80
2 used from $300.00
as of October 22, 2019 4:22 am
- Leading image quality - 5. 7K resolution makes your 360 Degree videos look sharp, while 18MP...
- Flow state stabilization - flow state is as smooth as it gets. Traditional Action cameras are...
- Drift shots - snap into the drifter accessory and let your camera take flight. Airborne slow-mo....
- Wi-fi preview and transfer - Shoot and transfer in a snap. 50MB/s Cable transfer and 5 GHz...
- Includes sync cables for both iPhone and Android devices
- The magical Rylo App : Create unbelievable video wherever you are - with the Rylo App for iOS and...
- Points : Direct camera motion with simple taps using Points.
- Follow : Stay focused on what matters most. With a tap, Rylo follows anything.
- EAN: 0842126100475
- MPN: CINONEX/A
- UPC: 842126100475
- Model: CINONEX/A
- Part Number: CINONEX/A
- EAN: 0853663008025
- MPN: AR01-NA01-GL01
- UPC: 853663008025
- Model: AR01-NA01-GL01
- Part Number: AR01-NA01-GL01
This company was created by Alex Karpenko and Chris Cunningham in 2015, with the expectations of changing the camera traditional functions such as a 360 view that permits the viewer to take better pictures and at the same time allows them to have a total coverage of any view, plus they also offer an app services which allows you to set up high quality videos, different recording modes, camera motions, and other features that make this brand so unique and easy to use.
When practicing any extreme sport or using a high tech camera for work purposes you want to know what’s the best option out there considering the features and the quality resolution that it has to offer, here are some key features, let’s check them out:
Rylo 360 description
|Body or construction and display type||
Anodized aluminum alloy
|Weight||108 grams, 3.8 oz|
built-in Micro USB charging
|Photo resolution||6000 x 3000 (18 megapixels)|
|Lenses||Two 208-degree fisheye lenses (7mm equivalent)|
|Video resolution||5824 x 2912 (5.8K @ 24fps)
3840 x 2160 (4K @ 30fps)
|Storage||Removable Microsd up to 256GB (16GBincluded)|
|Compatibility||iOS (iPhone 5S and above)
Android coming soon (Android 6.0 and above)
|Dimensions||72.5mm (h) x 37.0mm (w) x 42.7mm (d)|
- Click and thank me later! Rylo allows you to capture many directions at one time, it has a function that converts any type of videos to a higher resolution quality even with the 360 format.
- Perfect stabilization for images. Image stabilization is key when it comes to sudden and quick movements, it can take well-balanced pictures anytime and anywhere.
- Waterproof shots. With purchasing a special case for your Rylo you can take the coolest shots underneath the water, the results are excellent and could resist a depth of 10ft/3m.
- Re-framing genius. Rylo allows you to convert 360 videos into normal format ones by editing trough their app, which offers you a dynamic way to change shots while moving the camera without having to touch the screen! Talk about efficiency.
Is it expensive?
When it comes to spending my money I like to know if what I’m purchasing really is worth it. Each Rylo 360 box brings the following items, and the total cost is $499:
- The camera
- Sync cable (Micro USB to lightning port)
- Charging cable (Micro USB to USB type A)
- 16GB Micro SD card
- Everyday case
- Mini handle
- Wrist strap
We could say that for a 360 camera it’s not that cheap, you can easily buy other brands much cheaper! however, I also find it to be a equitable price for the quality of the product.
Insta360 ONE X: the camera goes everywhere, and sees everything
This is one of the latest product the company has launched. It’s a remarkable 360 camera that incorporates 32 features that set them apart from all competitors. Let’s take a look at couple of them and see, what makes it so diverse among others.
- The Insta360 One X water experience. With their spherical lens that provides a smoother capture underwater, without worrying about no inconvenience thanks to the protection of the Dive case.
- Removable battery. Now you can take a your long vacations and stop worrying about the usage of your battery thanks to this feature, take your spares with you and enjoy!
- In- camera editing. If you’re having a bad “hair day” just apply your beautifying filters to your photos of videos, no big deal.
- Wireless live-preview. This is a new feature and allows you to get live- preview wireless.
- 360 live streaming. Want to experience real time stabilization? Insta 360 gives you the best choice, you can live stream into your favorite social media accounts with a lovely resolution of 2560 x 1280.
- HDR videos. Now you can enjoy this feature that allows you to captivate a panoramic view with a more aggressive range.
- Time shift. TimeShift permits you to change a fast motion video to a slower one, giving you an awesome effect!
- Flowstate stabilization. The One X offers a perfect stabilization feature, which is called “Flowstate”.
- High resolution video (new).The One X takes videos at 5760 x 2880 at 30fps (5.7k or 6k).
|Lenses||2 fisheye lenses|
|Photo resolution||6080 x 3040 in JPEG or DNG raw|
|Video resolution||5760 x 2880, 30fps
3840 x 1920 @ 50fps
3840 x 1920 @ 30fps
3008 x 1504 @ 100fps
mp4 (log mode available)
|Live streaming||Yes, stabilized.
Compatible with YouTube, Facebook, Periscope / Twitter, Weibo
|Shutter speed||1/8000 to 120 seconds|
|Stabilization||6-axis gyro-based image stabilization|
|ISO||100 to 3200|
|Bullet time video||3008 x 1504 @ 100fps
variable aspect ratio
Bluetooth LE 4.0
MFI-certified lightning connector
|Compatibility||iOS, Android, Windows, Mac|
|Battery||60 min, removable|
|Weight||115g with battery|
Ok! so this is the important part, you’re probably thinking that by all the features and the this might go for hundreds of bucks, but that’s not the fact. This innovative and bold camera can cost you only $399.95, I personally consider it to be low priced considering other brands like professional-grade Pro 2 that could cost you thousands of dollars. It’s a big win-win product for me.
Rylo or Insta: Who takes the perfect shot?
Words can never express or describe a perfect picture, so when reviewing some shots of these two epic brands, we decided to post couple of images for you to make your decision based on picture quality. Scroll down to check them out!
Judging between the pictures above I can say that Insta360 ONE X gives out a higher quality image, despite the poor lighten the underwater stitching effect runs smoothly unlike Rylo 360. Insta 360 definately takes this win for its dynamic range and resolution that captivates all the details.
The winner is…
|Rylo 360||Insta 360 ONE X|
|Photo quality lacks||The app is not easy to use|
|Video quality is poor when the light is low||Not too good with low light video|
|Compatible only with iphone for the moment||Needs an adapter for android|
So which one is better? In my honest opinion after reading all the information above, I would pick the Insta360 ONE X; I find the new features and the compatibility among android and iphones really complete and efficient. They also provide 32 new features that goes from Livestream in 4K to free capture video mode, which allows the users to have perfect pictures and videos with a remarkable resolution at a lower cost than the Rylo 360. I have love for the Rylo 360, no doubt! But it’s more of a challenge to use and the video quality is not that perfect. However, its stabilizing software works amazingly and it’s one of the best I’ve seen, but the goal here is more than that, that’s why Insta360 ONE X is the winner of this cam to cam battle, excellent performance and a magnificent product. Buy it now! You won’t regret it.