The 360Fly Inc. is the manufacturer of the only single lens camera in the world capable of capturing stitchless 360 degrees videos with the interactive viewing and virtual reality. The 360fly 4K was launched at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) at Las Vegas. The new camera can capture 2880 by 2880 4K videos at 30 fps and can generate immersively and VR capable content. There are some new features including some other capture modes, time lapse & motion, acceleration & audio triggered recording, GPS sensor, accelerometer, and barometer. The 360fly 4K Review we are providing below can help you decide if you need this incredible camera.
Features and Specifications
The camera is water resistant, with a single lens and thus offers intuitive filming, editing and live streaming through its 360 rotation ability. The 4K camera comes with a powerful image sensor that provides four times better resolution (2880px by 2880px) than the previous version.
The camera do have the following upgrade capabilities and advancement modes;
- Front-Facing Mode – This can be used when you don’t need the 360-degree field view. Through this mode, 16:9 aspect ratio and 2560px by 1440px is achievable.
- Time-Lapse Video Mode – This feature allows you to present a story in dramatic fashion through the use of the time lapse videos, where the various shutter intervals (from 1 to 60 seconds) can be used.
- Motion & Audio Detection Mode – When this mode is enabled the camera automatically start recording whenever there is any sound or movement detection.
- Accelerometer activated record mode – This enables the activation of record mode when the camera is shaken.
The 360fly 4k also offers telemetry, where it has built in GPS sensor which can be used to tag locations. The camera do have barometer and accelerometer that are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon (800) processor. This allows you to track speed and altitude and also do the 360-degree video editing content overlay. The one push button color coding feature on the camera allows clear visibility and mode recognition.
- The motion and audio detection mode can be effectively used for monitoring and surveillance.
- The accelerometer activated record mode can be used while skiing when you can simply shake the camera to start the recording.
- The video and crisp, soft and clear.
- The camera can recognize scenes in a better way and can be used by the cyclists to view the dangers outside the field of view.
- The autopilot mode selects the clips for you and helps you during the editing process.
- It is waterproof and can also withstand a fall of 1.5 m.
- The cam comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, which enable its pairing with Android and iOS mobile devices so that video content can be shared to social media platforms.
- Battery only lasts for 2 hours per charge.
- The price is a bit high for this camera. However, the quality is excellent.
This camera is waterproof and very easy to use and comes in 2 versions namely the standalone and other that can be fitted with special helmets from BRG Sports, Bell, and Giro. The standalone version is available at a price of around $500. Thus, you can easily shoot, edit and share the content use this wonderful cam.